St Nicholas' Church, Burton in Wirral
St Nicholas' Church, Burton in Wirral, is located in the village of Burton, Ellesmere Port and Neston, Cheshire. It is designated by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building. It is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Chester, the archdeaconry of Chester and the deanery of Wirral South.
In the church is a hatchment bearing the arms of the Congreve family and other memorials to this family. The memorial to Richard Congreve who died in 1820 is by S. Gibson and includes a weeping putto. The parish registers start in 1538.
The parochial church council’s brief was for the upgrading and modernisation of the audio system, for the reproduction of both speech and live performances. The system was designed to include the installation and commissioning of replacement loudspeakers, amplification, control desk, microphones and audio socket provision.
The PCC now consider the sound system to be superb and working extremely well. In use every week and sometimes several times a week, the system is used for services as well as for concerts and gigs that take place in church and the sound quality is considered to be excellent - certainly up to and probably far beyond what the PCC had expected.
Overall the system is regarded as "absolutely marvellous and the church has had lots of positive feedback from the congregation, as well as from musicians and others who participate in services generally".